Friday, January 06, 2006

No Words to Express


Okay, I’ve been a slug this week, I admit it.

This was the first week to head back into the office after my operation, one month ago. And while I have done surprisingly well, it’s been exhausting.
Hopefully I will be better (and stronger) next week.

I am still stunned into silence when I contemplate the mining tragedy in West Virginia.
Twelve miners trapped by an unexplained explosion and poisoned air, huddled behind a thin layer of plastic sheeting, and waited for the end to come.

Some of them wrote notes to loved one’s telling of their pending passing…examples of courage and strength borne by their faith.

“It wasn’t bad.”
“I just went to sleep.”

…in the cold, dark bowels of the earth.

Contemplation of all the aspects of this story are mind numbing.

No comments: